16 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz July update published September 1st, 2017 (Updated to NTM Edition 17)
- NZ23 INT 640 North Island
- NZ42 Cape Reinga to Manukau Harbour
- NZ43 Manukau Harbour to Cape Egmont
- NZ52 Cape Brett to Cuvier Island
- NZ61 Karamea River to Stephens Island
- NZ512 Cape Karikari to Cape Brett
- NZ521 Cape Brett to Bream Tail
- NZ614 Tasman Bay
- NZ865 Approaches to Apia
- NZ4314 Manukau Harbour
- NZ4315 Approaches to Onehunga
- NZ4633 Wellington Harbour
- NZ5114 Doubtless Bay and Whangaroa Harbour
- NZ5212 Plans between Whangamumu and Omaha Cove
- NZ6144 Abel Tasman
- NZ8655 Apia Harbour
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 328 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / Marine NZ for iOS6+
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.