9 charts have been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz October update published October 13th, 2017 (Updated to NTM Edition 20)
- NZ53 Bream Head to Slipper Island including Hauraki Gulf
- NZ522 Bream Tail to Kawau Island including Great Barrier Island
- NZ532 Approaches to Auckland
- NZ632 Banks Peninsula
- NZ661 Approaches to Otago Harbour
- NZ864 Apolima Strait
- NZ5124 Plans in the Bay of Islands
- NZ6321 Lyttelton Harbour/Whakaraupo
- NZ14638 INT 638 Fiji to Kermadec Islands including Tongatapu
Today NZ Linz charts (186 charts / 328 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D 2.0 iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / Marine NZ for iOS6+
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.