14 charts has been updated in the GeoGarage platform
Linz April update published May 3, 2019 (Updated to NTM Ed7 05/04/19 & NTM Ed8, 18/04/19)
- NZ23 INT 640 North Island
- NZ25 INT 648 South Island
- NZ26 East Cape to Cook Strait including Chatham Islands
- NZ46 Cook Strait
- NZ57 Blackhead Point to Castle Point
- NZ58 Castle Point to Cape Palliser
- NZ64 Banks Peninsula to Otago Peninsula
- NZ66 Katiki Point to Nugget Point
- NZ68 Nugget Point to Raratoka Island (Centre Island)
- NZ463 Approaches to Wellington
- NZ822 T 822 Vava’u Group
- NZ4633 Wellington Harbour
- NZ6153 Queen Charlotte Sound
- NZ6212 Plans on the North East Coast of South Island
Today NZ Linz charts (187 charts / 329 including sub-charts) are displayed in the Marine GeoGarage.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- Weather 4D Android -App-in purchase mode- on the PlayStore
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.