7 charts have been updated & 10 new charts added in the GeoGarage platform
Linz March update published March 18th, 2022 (yearly base)
NTM Ed6 [34-35] 18/03/2022
- CK141 Plans of the Cook Islands replacing NZ945
- CK142 Plans of the Cook Islands replacing NZ955
- CK242 Rarotonga replacing NZ9558
- TK121 Tokelau replacing NZ885
- TO201 Niuatoputapu Group and Niuafo'ou replacing NZ8215
- TO301 Neiafu Harbour replacing NZ8225
- TO302 Vava'u Group replacing NZ822
- TO502 Approaches to Nuku'alofa Harbour replacing NZ8275
- TO504 Nuku'alofa Harbour to Port 'Ohonua replacing NZ8277
- WS312 Apia Harbour replacing NZ8655
- NZ615 Marlborough Sounds
- NZ6321 Lyttelton Harbour/Whakaraupo
- NZ512 Cape Karikari to Cape Brett
- NZ5124 Plans in the Bay of Islands
- NZ5125 Bay of Islands
- NZ4633 Wellington Harbour
- NZ4634 Wellington Harbour Entrance and Plans of Wharves
Today NZ Linz charts (191 charts / 339 including sub-charts) are displayed in the GeoGarage platform.
Note : LINZ produces official nautical charts to aid safe navigation in New Zealand waters and certain areas of Antarctica and the South-West Pacific.
These updates are automatically viewable on mobile applications :
- Weather 4D R&N iPhone-iPad iOS9+ on the Apple Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website / iOS6+ basic GPS viewer : Marine NZ
- SailGrib Android on the Google Store with subscriptions available on GeoGarage platform online payment website
Using charts safely involves keeping them up-to-date using Notices to Mariners & AT Local NTMs
Reporting a Hazard to Navigation - H Note :
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority at LINZ of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Legal status : For compliance with New Zealand legal requirements for nautical charts and publications please refer to Maritime Rules Part 25.
Further details are included in the Annual New Zealand Notices to Mariners, No.1 which can be found in the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) and on the LINZ website.